Part-time pastoral coordinator
Vision: helping people experience real life in Jesus
Misssion: reaching our neighbours together (on campus, where we live & around the world)
Real Life Community Church began in the mid-1980s as a campus outreach for students and it has developed into a fellowship of Christians from many backgrounds. Our desire is to continually seek the Lord Jesus Christ for love, truth, and direction through the Scriptures and the presence of His Holy Spirit. The church is comprised of 30-50 individuals from metro Halifax and students from around the world. We meet on Dalhousie campus, Room 121 in the Arts building on Sunday mornings at 10:30am.
The current pastoral team is composed of 5 church members who take active pastoral roles but are not paid staff. This team has many years of experience in preaching, teaching and pastoral care and is looking for a pastoral coordinator who has a heart for all people, but especially university students. This person would be part of the team and have opportunities to be mentored as well as bring new ideas, try things and develop his/her giftings. The role would require 15 to 25 hours weekly. The exact time commitment will be determined with input from the applicant.
1. Build relationships on campus
2. Oversee the Set-up team
3. Participate in the preaching/teaching rotation. (We currently have 9 people in this rotation.)
4. Participate in pastoral team meeting
5. Perform administrative tasks which could include: taking minutes at Pastoral Leadership meetings, updating the website, managing social media presence, creating slides and posters
Other areas, such as outreach, leading ministry teams, small group studies, mentoring, and developing leadership qualities in others, could be added according to interests and gifting of the applicant.
Character and Qualifications:
1. Education – preferably enrolled in or completed a Master of Divinity degree or with ministry experience. Ordination is not required.
2. Demonstrates humility, faith and love
3. Able to share how the good news of Jesus impacts his/her own life
4. Committed to the servant leadership model
5. Mission-minded and comfortable connecting with people, especially university students,
6. Able to work collaboratively with the pastoral team, each of whom has an equal voice in the decision making process
Supervision and Evaluation:
The pastoral coordinator reports directly to the pastoral team. A performance review will be held at least annually. Evaluations will be conducted with the following parameters in mind:
Demonstrated capacity to meet the expectations outlined in the position described above.
position described above.
Demonstrated growth in the areas on which she/he is focusing as outlined in the
To apply, submit a resume with a cover letter to Marilyn Havill at Havillmb@aol.com